Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thanksgiving Turkey Shape Craft


This is one of my favorite Thanksgiving crafts to make! For one, it is super cute, and two, it's a great way to practice identifying shapes and/or colors! I would make this craft with my students at the beginning of November and would put them on my bulletin board with a saying "We're Shaping Up For Fall!"
What you need:
  1. Different colored diamonds (feathers)
  2. Orange and yellow triangles (beaks and feet)
  3. Brown ovals
  4. Googley eyes
  5. Glue
I have templates for the shapes that you can use to print out and cut. You can find them on my teachers pay teachers store (Free) here:

The shapes are ready to print and be cut out. If you have students who can cut themselves then you can let them cut out their own! If you have students who have a harder time cutting on skinny lines, I recommend drawing over the line with a thick marker to make the line bigger, which should make it easier for them to cut out the shapes. You may have students who need the shapes previously cut out for them. I had one or two students in my class who could cut out their own shapes but the rest of the students needed them previously cut. 
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment